Terms & Conditions

These terms and conditions are the contract between you and Sophie Cabot Cakes (“us”, “we”, etc.). By visiting or using Our Website you agree to be bound by them.


The ‘Seller’ is defined as the legal entity Sophie Cabot Cakes.
The ‘Buyer’ means the person (legal or natural) who buys the goods. ‘Goods’ is defined as the items to be supplied by the Seller to the Buyer as listed. The ‘Site’ is defined as this website.


By ordering from Sophie Cabot Cakes you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and accept that these Conditions may be modified or amended and posted on this website from time to time.

Sophie Cabot Cake Orders

Payment & Deposits

We require a 30% non-refundable deposit to confirm a cake order and hold the date. The remaining 70% is due 28 days before delivery, at which point all changes must be confirmed (changes to the previously agreed design may incur extra fees). Orders placed less than 28 days in advance of delivery must be paid in full. Payment can be made earlier if you wish. Failure to complete payment 28 days before delivery date may result in your order being cancelled. By making payment the Buyer is accepting the Terms and Conditions as detailed on this page.

Bank charges relating to the payment in a currency other than Pound Sterling will be borne by you.

Payment can be made by BACS transfer.

Bespoke Design Service

There is a non-refundable fee for a bespoke design proposal. If you decide to place an order the fee is set against the final invoice. Your bespoke design commission will include up to three design options, full proposal and quotes.

Alternatively, please send a design brief with as much information as possible so an estimate can be provided.

Design work will only be provided once payment is made.

Tastings & Consultations

Tasting consultations can be arranged at Sophie’s studio (Chelsea, London) with a maximum of two people attending. There is a non-refundable tasting fee, which includes up to three flavours of your choice. Alternatively sample boxes can be posted directly.

Payment is due before consultations or boxes are sent out.

Price Quotations

All price quotes are valid for 30 days from date of quotation.


Where possible every endeavour will be made to make any alterations to your order, this will carry a charge for any additional costs incurred.


Booking deposits, tasting fees and design service are non-refundable.

Orders paid in full and cancelled with more than 4 weeks notice will receive refund of 50% of the total amount paid. No refunds will be made of any orders cancelled with less than 4 weeks notice.

Cake stand hire

We do not currently offer cake stand hire. 

Allergies and dietary requirements

Please discuss any allergies or dietary requirements before booking. Gluten free options are available however please be aware that all products are baked and prepared in a kitchen which handles all the main allergens including nuts, gluten (wheat), dairy and egg. The kitchen is not a certified allergy free work space. Eggless or dairy free options cannot be catered for.

Delivery & collection

Celebration cakes are to be collected from Sophie in London, Chelsea.

Wedding cakes will be delivered and set up for an extra charge (advised), the price of which is dependent on postcode and length of time required on site.

If cakes are collected we cannot be held liable for any damages occurred to the product once it has left our premises. All cakes are very fragile in transit and it is the responsibility of the Buyer to drive slowly and carefully. Cakes should be placed on a flat, tidy surface on non-slip matting.

If cakes are delivered we cannot be held liable for any damages occurred to the product once delivery and set up has been made.

After delivery

Goods placed outside are liable to react to temperature. In hot or humid weather there is the possibility of sugar decorations melting, fresh flowers wilting or damage to Goods.

We do not provide cake tables, tablecloths or cutting knives.

Non-edible ingredients and decorations

Some cakes may contain non-edible ingredients such as plastic dowels in tiered cakes or wires in some sugarflowers. These will be made aware of when your cake is delivered/collected.


If you wish to make a complaint or let us know of any concerns after receiving the Goods, please do so in writing. Evidence of any faults or damages should be included. Any refunds will be given entirely at our discretion.

Wedding Cakes

Celebration Cakes